Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Knitting/crocheting at quilt show

This weekend I went to my moms house to help her with the quilt show her guild was doing. I showed up on Saturday and the show had already been going on for a day. My mom told me I need to check out the yarn that was there. At first I thought I miss understood her, but when I got there I saw on lady with a nice knitted scarf on. After helping my mom get set up I just had to go over and see the scarf. It was a beautiful multi tone purple scarf that was knitted with Starbella yarn. This lady, who had made some wonderful quilts and wrote storybooks to go with the quilt, had knitted the scarf pattern that comes with the yarn. I stated that i don’t knit but I do crochet. She then stated that she has never kitted before that weekend and had gotten 3 scarfs done. This really got me interested in this scarf. Come to find out that the ladys that were selling this yarn at the quilt show was teaching those who bought the yarn how to knit the scarf. I just had to get me some and see if I could crochet one. So here I am at this quilt show crocheting this scarf and watching several people that came into the show walk out kitting a scarf. It was a little sad that the attention was taken off the quilts a bit after all the quilts were beautiful, but it was nice seeing so many learning how to knit. I even had some ask me how to crochet the scarf as they dont knit but crochet. I was able to get 4 scarfs done in just a few hours after trying different ways to get it to curl like the knitted one. And just my luck once i realizes I’m in a hotel and probable have wi-fi I grabbed my Ipad and went onto Ravelry to see if there was a crochet pattern for the scarf and yep there was, 2 of them for this yarn A flirty sping scarf, Starbella Crochet Scarf, and Grand Picots Scarf. Needless to say I did have fun making this scarf and plan on making more and teaching my daughter how to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment