Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring day on the Farm and ivy leaves

So here at Cross Orchard we had our first big event. It was Spring day on the Farm. I had the girls dressed up on dresses like they would if it was the 1800. They had fun with it and the goats and other baby animals were a big hit. We had about 500+ people come out. Dan was put in charge of planting the garden with some of the 4-H kids, he had fun. We did find out that we had more garden then plants so we are going to get some more. I got to learn how to spin my own yarn and the lady was so nice that she gave me a drop spindle she made. I could not thank her enough. I'm not really good at spinning but I'll get there.Over all it was a great day. As far as the crocheting, I'm still working on the ivy leaves. I think I have to make more then planed, so now I'm trying to make about 2000. I have about 150 done so I'm getting there. We did get a photographer for the wedding all set up. That was the one big ticket item that i was really worried about. But for what I have in the budget for pictures he is going to be with us all day and will even go to the saloon and take pics of me and the girls getting our hair done. I'm still planing everything own my own and am just taking it one day at a time. I make sure that I stay as organized as I can so I don't get over whelmed.  I am a bit worried about if I'll get all the decorating done before I have to leave to get our hair done. I'm thinking I'll have to get up at about 7 to get started. It will be a long but wonderful day. After I get the leaves done I have to work on the flowers. I have them all picked out so I don't have to spend time looking for patters I like, so that will be good. Will on off to make more leaves. Hugs everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment